UAS Program Management for Higher Education
NOTE: This training is for Texas A&M University System employees only
The UAS Program Management for Higher Education Training Course, scheduled for March 27-31, 2017, is designed for campus and agency supervising authority over unmanned aircraft systems within the Texas A&M University System. The course material will train safety and university professionals on:
- Roles of the Lone Star UAS Center of Excellence and Innovation, an FAA UAS Test Site
- TAMUS UAS Operational Policies, Processes and Procedures
- UAS Safety Management and a FAA approved Safety Management System
- UAS Crew Resource Management
- UAS Know Before you Fly -- Public COAs and Part 107
- COA Application Process
- Airspace Basics
- UAS Observer Training
- Accident Investigation
PLEASE NOTE: A laptop or tablet device is highly recommended for use during the class. Guest wireless accounts will be made available for each attendee. On the last day, attendees will witness flight demonstrations and have on-the-job training exercises.
To RSVP to the training, click here. For additional information, please click here for the information package. To complement your stay in Corpus Christi, please view the map below to see lodging, food, and other landmarks in the area.
For additional information, contact Maria Martinez at (361) 825-2577 or email us at LSUASC@tamucc.edu.